How to be Alone

2495229863_17a9e42149

via

…I have always been independent, I get it from my Mom, and I must say I love and treasure my alone time. I don't need to be constantly socializing like other people, and I am starting to accept that more and more.

I adore peace and quiet, and I think that is one of the reasons why I love cats so much. I love their spirit of peacefulness & independence.

I thought I would share this sweet and smart little eastern canadian short film about “How to be Alone”.

These are a few of my favourite quotes on being alone:

**When we cannot bear to be alone, it means we do not properly value the only companion we will have from birth to death—ourselves. –Eda LeShan**

**People who need people are threatened by people who don’t. The idea of seeking contentment alone is heretical, for society steadfastly decrees that our completeness lies in others. –Lionel Fisher, Celebrating Time Alone: Stories of Splendid Solitude**

**A man can be himself alone so long as he is alone … if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. –Arthur Schopenhauer, The World as Will and Idea**

1147207_8b975a1bef

via

5 comments:

the spectator said...

DITTO!!

Sam said...

High five my friend! I always race off and have my lunch alone - to read or to stroll and think and clear my head. I've always felt very terrific and proud of my ability to love being alone - such strength in my opinion! That Eda LeShan quote is magic and so true!

Hope you're having a terrific weekend!

Gabbi said...

awwww... such a beautiful video and I couldn't agree more. Been a seeker for 'alone' time since I was a little girl. This may sound lame, but are you a scorpio too? I'm lame... :) And yeah, nothing is more healing than loneliness. Wonderful share. ♥

elle s'ennuie said...

I love your kitty pics collection :) I have two cats myself but I rarely get decent pics of them, alas!
As for alone time, I'm a total introvert, I -need- to be alone a lot if I'm to maintain my sanity :)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Great post! I love being married, and my husband is damn cool. But we're almost always together (even at work), and I must admit that I miss my alone time. I lived alone for about 10 years of my life, and although it was quite lonely at times, I did enjoy chillin' with my dog on the couch watching movie marathons, reading for hours at a time, and long saturdays in the garden getting dirty followed by a shower and then an evening spent in my robe. I don't really do those things anymore. I miss those things. There is much to be said for alone time. It can be nourishing.