…I’ve never done this before but I just flipping adored these sooo much, that I just had to share the love. You are going to hate me if you are on a diet. Make sure you have some friends or neighbours on hand to give them half the batch…I ate them all minus a couple…ooops. Anyways, I love sweets and these are my new favourite of all time!!! Trust me…
…I found the recipe at the always incredibly naughty & hilarious My Tasty Treasures blog. She has so many amazing recipes that I need to try.
Cookie Base and Topping ( I just used the Kraft PB Cookie Recipe on the container, with the PB, eggs & sugar)
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie base and topping ingredients until soft dough forms. Shape 6 (1-inch) balls of dough. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart; flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.
2. Press remaining dough in pan. Bake cookies and base 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Reserve cookies for topping.
3. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and stirred smooth. Spread evenly over bars. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and whipping cream with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Spread over chocolate layer.
5. Crush reserved cookies; sprinkle over cream cheese layer. Press in lightly. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes( they are better when set for longer, an hour or so). For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Looks like this:
…They are SOOOOO YUMMY-rific!!!! I polished the ones I made on the weekend off today…and I feel slightly like this…
…well worth the indulgence.