Antique Eeeks































...I love antique dolls, but man they can be creepy!!! I think watching certain scary movies over the years has turned dolls into untrustworthy toys that have a mind of their own. The faces on some of them.....EGAD.

I adore going into antique shops or thrift stores and looking at all the old toys and dolls...they had so much character and there are so many varieties. I have a small collection of vintage dolls,mostly native and eskimo but a few others as well. I must take photos to show you peeps my lil' collection. I'd love to learn more about the different era's and history of dolls. It's neat to see how they evolved.

12 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I totally agree, those eyes & stares!
Eeek...no wonder horror movies showed them as props for the 'eeecky effect' I guess...
xo*

Aline said...

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!

E.K. said...

Dude you don't even know! My mom has a doll and clown room, an entire room!!! Hundreds of them. My friends refused to enter the room in high school ;)

alissa said...

ooo sooo creepy! its their weird eyes

The Curious Cat said...

Yeah they are pretty creepy...silly really, when they were made I'm sure that was not the intention! Peculiar transition... xxx

rachaelgking said...

I am scarred for life. You better make this up to me with some cute kitty pics tomorrow...

drollgirl said...

scary larry!!! i have to see your collection! take some pics! do it!!!! i cannot wait!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

For you Darling, check it out:
http://frenchcharming.blogspot.com/2009/09/repurposed-vintage-suitcases.html

the spectator said...

Those eyes! Aren't they horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam said...

Oh Yeah! Creeepy city! But cool too!!! So full of character!! Love that top fella - he's a main coon - I'd bet my life on it...Have a lovely weekend fellow cat person!! XX

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I got chills, and not the good kind. Creepy!

Gabbi said...

Very much know what you mean! Fascinating to find and view old dolls. There's something about the expressions isn't there? But also, there's the small creepy side to them :)