The CatMan



Bela: L'Homme Chat from Paul Trillo on Vimeo.


...This very short documentary (6 mins) which showcases an extremely eccentric street performer from France that brings along his very affectionate house cats and uses them as part of his act, as he earns a living for his family. His kitties are SO SWEET, and they don't seem to mind too much, except a few cranky moments. If I was a cat I would probably be cranky too, and would much rather be bird watching or snoozing. It is for the most part a happy little video, that for a moment turns strange as he gets accused for mistreating and even drugging his cats, which I doubt. He seems to really love and care for them, as far as I can tell. What do you think??

5 comments:

Carolina Grönholm said...

This is amazing! I never even considered them to be mistreated as they surely would run away from him if they were.

Patty said...

This guy is awesome. I mean his cats are awesome. I mean his costume is awesome. i mean...thanks for sharing! ^___^

CHRISTI JAY said...

HA i love that the cat swatted at the person asking if they were drugged... if a cat was drugged, it would fall asleep and be a pretty useless stage act.

IamthatIam publishing... said...

I love it - think how many cats are SOOOO bored all day. I don't know anything about training cats, but I have to say I agree I think they would run away. domestic cats are the #1 predator in the cat world. They are not stupid - and yes, the swatting was well done by the kitty, too. they don't look scared, intimidated or stupid. Much less on drugs - they'd be dead I think if he drugged them every day.
He would have to have quite a "working" relationship for the cats to put up with him, too, I think.

Potato Recipes said...

Appreciatte your blog post