the Last Night



Last night was my last night at my apartment. I'd lived there by myself with my two kitties for between three and four years. I seen this picture and it reminded me of myself, in an empty room with a mattress on the floor-kinda mourning. Its funny in life how you can get attached to apartments,cars,just inanimate objects in general.



The kitties on the other hand seem to be handling it well,so far...they were loooving the open spaces without all my crap, and they were ripping around like maniacs. They seem slightly weirded out, kinda looking at me like what the heck is going on.

9 comments:

drollgirl said...

BAH!!! i love the kitty shot!!! i hope the move goes well. um, sometimes moves are a little tough on the kitties. if they start hiding and stuff (or my favorite: YOWLING NON-STOP), don't fret. they WILL adjust!!!

and i hope you love yer new digs!!! i'll send conan and nikki and billy over for the housewarming party. :)

me melodia said...

the. best. kitty. photo. EVER!!!!!

me melodia said...

This is new blog header material.
(just a suggestion)

I know it might be saddening to leave the past but it's so damn exciting to dive into the future. When I left my single girl apartment to move in with my coocoo bird I was in hysterical delight and anxiety. Ah how I love change.

goodluck packing up everything and thekitchen sink

Aline said...

I was crying like a baby when my husband and I moved out of our first apartment...we had lived there for 5 years...so many awesome memories! we went to the bar next door (we lived downtown, over businesses) and ordered a parting shot and all of the staff hugged us lol!

LDF said...

Never look back, I say. My old apartments don't exist...

Baybay Mama said...

Oh my god, I love that photo of your cats. They are super stoked to move...look at them:)

E.K. said...

I always worry about my cats when we move, but this last move was awesome! Our cats love the new place. I hope yours like your new place.

kadler said...

Haha... are those your cats?? If so, they're adorable.

Good luck with the rest of the move!

essbesee said...

I am in love with your mistachioed kitty. My cat was sleeping in a canvas bag the other day. insert "lettin' the cat outta the bag joke" here.